Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sleeping in Swing

I snapped a few photos of Natalie sleeping in her swing. I think she looks so adorable sleeping!


Shortly after I took the photo, she started waking up. She always spends a good 15 to 30 minutes stretching and arching her back, like she's doing in the below photo, before she decides she wants to really open her eyes.


I think she was a little shocked I was sitting in front of her with the camera.

I can never get enough of her smiles which she shares with us all the time now!


On Thursday, I noticed that Natalie has started making more sounds with her coos. She's becoming much more vocal. She also started looking at herself in the mirror on her play mat. And the biggest milestone (at least one I'm pretty happy with) is that I was able to get her to spend tummy time on her boppy for about 20 minutes twice on Thursday while I read her a number of books. We're making progress.

Apparently, babies are considered to "sleep through the night" (STTN) if they sleep for 5 hour slots. Natalie did this for the first time on Thursday which was pretty nice. But it was short lived, last night she only slept for 3 hrs at a time. I'm looking forward to the night she sleeps through my STTN period (a good 8 hrs would be nice) -- I have a feeling that's months from now!

1 comment:

Jimmie said...

Baby stretches rule! i love the dress she is wearing in the swing. And yay for tummy time

jimmie