Saturday, January 8, 2011

North Carolina Blizard


Starting Christmas evening, North Carolina got a ton of snow.  I think by the next afternoon we had about 8" in Wake Forest.  It was reminiscent of Wisconsin...except we haven't bought a shovel and with the steepness of our driveway, I couldn't get out to run the errands I wanted to before starting work again the next day.  But it was sunny and beautiful outside so we got to spend a good amount of time playing with the girls and Oma in the snow.  Good thing we had stocked up on winter gear before going to Minnesota.  It paid off here in North Carolina.  Unfortunately though for me, I wasn't thrilled to get this much snow in North Carolina at this time of the year (maybe late January/early February) because it just reminds me how much our weather system is messed up from global warming.  But I enjoyed playing with the girls nonetheless!

Claire didn't move much in the snow once set down but Natalie was all over, even trying to throw snowballs.  She enjoyed it a lot more than she did last year.







No comments: