Saturday, February 16, 2008

Week 26 -- Double Digits

My last week in the 2nd trimester! I'm down to 98 days until my EDD (estimated due date). Wow!! That just sounds crazy to me. Double digits!

The biggest thing that's been going on this week has been what seems to be an emotional rollercoaster. I pretty much feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat. And probably the biggest -- having overwhelming feelings of wanting to hold our daughter and getting no satisfaction for this right now! My feelings of nesting have been super high -- I was convinced on Friday we needed to go get her more clothes because I feel so unprepared (I mentioned less than 100 days, give or take, right?). So Emile and I took a trip to Babies R Us and got her a dress, a sleeper, four onesies and two pairs of pants to go over the onesies for "lounging". And because it's hard not to buy more cute things while there, we also got her a little stuffed lamb and two board books. I think I'll start feeling more prepared once we move into our house on Friday and can start setting up the nursery! I can't wait.

Not much has changed other than that -- I continue to struggle getting up and down now, can't get comfortable in bed, and run into everything with my belly, including Emile. But no complaints -- it's all worth it!

I haven't had any more pains in my abdomin like I did last week so it may have just been round ligament pain instead of Braxton Hicks contractions -- who knows. So many women on the baby chat line that I visit seem to be experiencing BH contractions frequently at this stage already but I'm not which is great. I'm sure they'll come in time. Overall, it seems my pregnancy, compared to others I've read or heard about, has been pretty low key! This week mostly consisted of her kicking me and doing what feels like a few rolls while kicking me at the same time -- and of course, while I'm trying to sleep! :)

No comments: