Saturday, May 10, 2008

Week 38

Two weeks until my estimated due date (EDD) -- that's 14 days! I'm in the teens now. Crazy! This week we got our camcorder that we ordered on-line so I can officially give birth :). I told her she can go ahead and come out but she doesn't seem to be taking my advice (it's already started!). I'm am so ready to be done being pregnant and to meet our daughter!

I've been pretty tired this week. I still have the menstrual-type cramps but nothing else. The swelling in my hands and feet has been more significant followed by the skin rash and itching. We got our new couch in our bonus room yesterday so I can finally relax at night with me feet up -- hopefully this will help. This morning I woke up to see Emile with a pillow over his head. I asked him if the sunlight was bothering him -- nope, it was my snoring! :) Opps.

I had an appointment with Dr. Gunter on Monday (37w2d). He's a pretty nice guy, answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable. I didn't have an internal exam done so I'm not sure if I've made any progress yet. He confirmed she's still head down, her heartrate was around 150 bpm, and all looked good. I was measuring about 38 weeks. I'm negative for Group B Strep which of course is good -- one less thing to worry about during labor. I asked at one point they typically start recommending induction (not that I want to be induced, I just wanted to know where he stood) and it sounds like the practice doesn't start worry about that until around 41 week 5 days -- this would make me a June mom.

I've started looking into board books in Dutch. We found a website on-line that we're going to order about 5-6 from so Emile can start right away reading to her in Dutch! We're hoping she'll learn it from him and his parents and then at some point, we'll probably have her take lessons. This is something we feel is important to pass on to her!

She's been moving a lot this week. A lot of punches in the hip and heel or feet sticking out of my side. Someone please pass her the memo that she can come out now! :)

1 comment:

Jimmie said...

so exciting! Happy Mother's Day!

jimmie