Saturday, May 17, 2008

Week 39


One week before my due date and still no progress according to Dr. Anderson at my 38 week appointment this last Wednesday (38w4d). I was still 0 cm, 0% effaced and she hasn't dropped. It was pretty disappointing! I thought for sure these menstrual-type cramps and pelvic floor pain were doing something. But no, it looks like she's comfortable where she is for now. Given that I was two weeks late and my nephew was over a week late, I'm guessing I'm going to go to about 41 weeks which means she may be a June baby instead of a May baby! I'm so ready for her to arrive though!

Dr. Anderson said my weight gain, blood pressure and iron levels looked good. She's still head down and I was measuring about 39 weeks so right on target. He estimated her to be about 7-7.5 lbs. I'm not putting to much stock in these "estimates" though. We'll see when she arrives.

I've started walking more again in hopes of kick starting labor. So far, it's not working. Next step, spicy food! And then of course, there is the full moon on Tuesday! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I've decided to start my maternity leave after this coming Friday, assuming she doesn't arrive before then. ENVIRON offers 4 weeks in addition to the 12 weeks from FMLA so if she doesn't arrive until after 41 weeks, I'll be taking about a week off beforehand and then spending 12 weeks with her before returning to the office in our house :). I'm looking forward to starting leave.

Emile and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary this past Tuesday (May 13, 2007). Emile and I went to this really nice restaurant in downtown Raleigh, Second Empire. The food was fabulous! And they did such a great job of making sure we enjoyed our anniversary -- they printed out a menu for us that said "Happy Anniversary Rachel and Emile, May 13, 2008" for us to keep and wrote in chocolate "Happy Anniversary" on our desert plate. We had a wonderful time! It's great to find wonderful restaurants here after being so spoiled in NYC. We also decided to do the traditional anniversary gifts -- 1st anniversary is paper. I got Emile two magazine subscriptions he'd been wanting and he got me a pinata filled with all my favorite sour candy. It was awesome! Very original and memorable!

No comments: