Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!



What a wonderful Mother's Day!  My second Mother's Day and my first with both my girls -- double the enjoyment!  Emile made French toast this morning and gave me a necklace that Natalie picked out from her and Claire -- it has a chicken charm on it :).  Emile also got me some beautiful flowers to plant in the yard and a gift card.  We went to Zest Cafe for lunch.  Natalie and I got ice cream together -- we rarely get time to do things by ourselves so I was looking forward to going together.

Other big news this week -- Natalie can now identify every letter of the alphabet.  She even says what words/items they are associated with like we do when we have been teaching them to her -- "Q is for Queen", "A is for Apple", etc.  She does such a great job with them!  We're going to start working on numbers with her soon too.

Today we decided to give Claire cereal for the first time.  We started with rice cereal but I probably won't use it for very long, maybe just a week or two while she gets used to it.  Then we'll switch to baby oatmeal -- I think it has more nutrients for her.  But she did great with the cereal.  She gobbled it down, played with it with her tongue and of course, got it all over her face.  She's becoming such a big girl!


No comments: