Saturday, October 13, 2007

Week 8 -- 2 Months Completed!


I have officially completed 2 months of pregnancy -- only 7 months to go! I can't believe I'm already 8 weeks. It's gone by so fast. I thought it would take forever to get to the week of my first ultra sound but it's already around the corner. This Tuesday, Emile and I will get to see our baby for the first time and find out if it's one or two babies :)

My morning sickness has gotten a little worse. I still haven't thrown up but I start feeling nauseous around early to mid morning and it stays with me for most of the day. I think I'm going to need to stock up on peppermint tea and ginger ale -- two things that are supposed to help with morning sickness (a misnomer as it can last all day and doesn't necessarily start in the morning).

I ordered some prenatal workout DVDs which arrived this week. After my 4.5 mile walk today, I tried out the pilates DVD -- I'm so glad I got these. I feel much more comfortable doing workouts now -- less concern that I might be doing something wrong. I had been avoiding doing anything other than walking up until now.

So far I haven't gained any weight. In the first trimester, on average, I'm only supposed to gain about 3 pounds. I expect that will probably come in the next few weeks.

No comments: