Saturday, December 15, 2007

Week 17

The last week of Month 4! Our baby is now roughly the size of my hand outstretched. He or she has a much more normal "human" appearance now. Our baby is now able to hold his/her head more erect and his/her body and limbs are longer in proportion to his/her head. Pads are forming on the tiny fingertips and toes. Soon those individual swirls and whorls will be apparent. Our baby's eyes are looking forward now, but they are still firmly closed. Our baby's skeleton is tranforming from cartilage to bone. The bones remain flexible to make the journey through the birth canal easier.

I'm slowly seeing my stomach get larger but overall there hasn't been much that has gone on this week. I'm still waiting to feel the baby move -- all the flutters I keep reading about! I'm looking forward to that! By the end of this week, my uterus will be the size of a cantaloupe or little larger.

This weekend, Emile and I checked out our first new home location -- Connecticut! We both really liked the area and could see ourselves raising our family there. We'll have to see how the next few weeks pan out.

No comments: