Saturday, December 22, 2007

Week 18 -- Month 5

YAY!! I've finished 4 months, on to month 5. Five months to go. This past week was great -- I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move on Tuesday (December 18, 17w3d). It felt like something was rolling right under my belly button and happened about 2-3 times. Always ended with a tingle through my belly button. Since then I've felt other "rolls" and maybe a kick or two occasionally. I probably won't feel the baby move consistently until a few weeks from now though. But it was really neat and exciting!

According to the average weight gain charts, I'm doing pretty well for 18 weeks which I'm happy about although I'm starting to feel heavier in my stomach. I'm also getting more hungry again and definitely can't go more than a few hours without eating. I feel like I'm starting to grow again in my belly compared to last week where it didn't feel much different. The baby should be about 5-5.5 inches long and weigh around 6.5 ounces. You should be able to see the chambers of our baby's heart in an ultrasound now. His/her vocal cords should be fully formed also. Over the next week, our baby will start forming hair on his/her head and forming teeth buds.

No comments: