Tuesday, November 6, 2007

NT Scan

Emile and I went in for my NT Scan this morning. This is an ultrasound they do to check for the probability that our baby could have Down Syndrome. Given that I'm over 30 my doctor recommended it. Although they have to confirm the results of the ultrasound with my blood test, the technician indicated the ultrasound readings were within normal range! What a relief! I'm was pretty freaked out going in. In addition to this great news, we also got to see our baby again! :) What a change since 8 weeks 3 days! We could see the arms and legs in more detail and even the baby's fingers. He/she even moved around a lot - turned his/her back to us a few times :) It was wonderful! The heart was kicking away at 160 bpm. This time technician turned the sound on and we could hear our baby's heartbeat! It was fabulous! Our next ultrasound will be the Big One to find out the gender! Time's flying by!

Our baby with his/her hand near his/her mouth.

What a difference from the u/s at 8w3d -- So many more features are formed!


No comments: