Saturday, November 10, 2007

Week 12 -- 3 Months!


We have finally hit the 3 month mark. I feel really relieved and excited to tell everyone our wonderful news! Time to let the cat out of the bag! (I doubt Picus and Ashley like that saying). We started to telling our extended family and friends already. My plan is to tell my boss on Monday -- that should be interesting given my strained relationship with him. Now I'll be able to find out the specific details our ENVIRON's and New Jersey's maternity leave policy.


Yesterday, I had my first appointment with my new doctor, Dr. Jin. She's great! I really liked her. It's not the same as my previous doctor who had a private practice and thus, I never had to wait in the waiting room -- now back to a waiting room but it was pretty quick. Dr. Jin did the normal checks of my body, took my blood pressure and weight. She answered all my questions, and unlike my last doctor, gave me a list of recommended drugs if I got sick (cold, flu, etc.). Dr. Jin took blood samples (about 7 vials) to check for all the normal genetic items (cystic fibrosis etc.) and my Rh blood type (given I'm type O negative blood this could be something I'll need to get a preventative shot for at 28 weeks). Now that I'm at the end of the first trimester she also gave me a flu shot. She also did another ultrasound (my 2nd in one week!) which was great because I got to see your baby again and confirm the heartbeat was still ticking away (you can never see that enough). Unfortunately, her in-office machine doesn't have nearly the resolution as the other machines so the photos aren't even worth putting up here. My next appointment is December 6th.


Today, Emile and I decided to go to Babies "R" Us and start putting together a registry. I can honestly say we were both so overwhelmed with all the choices that we only registered for about 15 things. We have no idea how to choose what's the safest and best product for our baby. Emile and I are going to start researching one item at a time (car seat, high chair, etc.) and add it on-line as we figure out. For the other items, I think I'll be checking out the registry my mom and sister put together for us to get more ideas. When my mom comes in town in December, we'll have to head back to add more. It was pretty overwhelming.


A little over a week till the Second Trimester!

No comments: