Sunday, March 2, 2008

Week 28 -- My Baby Shower


Yesterday, I not only finished my 28th week of pregnancy but my mom and sister threw me a baby shower. Emile and I flew home to Wisconsin from North Carolina on Friday and then we all went to Chicago for the shower on Saturday. We had a great showing of family and friends that were able to make it -- my family, Emile's parents, my grandmother, Aunts Becky, Barbara and Pam, my Uncle Merlin, my cousins Kathy, Lynn, Tara and finacee Mike with their three girls, Kelsey, Addison and Nina, Christopher and his wife Laurie, Cameron and his wife Mandy and my soon-to-be cousin-in-law Steph (she's marrying my cousin David in August), and two of my friends Stacy and Courtney (who brought her daughter Katlyn).

My mom and sister planned the baby shower to be in Chicago so friends and family could take advantage to being in the area to see the sites and so forth which many did including Emile and I (we went up in the Sears Tower with our families after the shower). The baby shower itself was at Buca's -- the food was wonderful and the venue worked out really well! We, of course, had a few baby shower games and my mom made "baby shower" coloring books for the kids to entertain themselves with. Everything was great and turned out wonderfully! Emile and I are thankful and appreciate all the wonderful baby gifts we received -- each will be very useful! Below is a sample of photos from the baby shower. You can find other photos under the link on the right for Our Photos.




Thanks again for all who were able to attend and to everyone who brought or sent us a baby gift -- we really appreciate it! We're also very thankful of my mom and sister for putting together the baby shower for us! We had a great time!

No comments: